Do's & Don'ts in the Workplace
- Slump-sit (your low back should be supported).
- Lean forward and downward to reach for or look at your work.
- Sit for long periods of time without getting up.
- Sit close to your work.
- Sit in a chair that is low enough to place both your feet on the floor and no lower.
- Have a chair that supports your back in a slightly arched position.
- Maintain good sitting posture while driving. This frequently requires a small pillow against your lower back.
- While driving, sit close enough to reach the pedals and wheel without slump-sitting.